Review / Giveaway – Pillsbury Bake-Off!
What is it exactly?
From the website…
"...Pillsbury is looking for original recipes that taste and look delicious, are easy to prepare and that families across America will love to eat. Consumers can submit recipes in one of four recipe categories:
- The Breakfast & Brunches category includes casual brunch or weekend family breakfast ideas. For example, sweet rolls, pull-aparts, pastries, breakfast breads, egg dishes or breakfast sandwiches.
- In the Entertaining Appetizers category, entrants can submit appetizers and snacks to serve at casual gatherings with family and friends or for holiday entertaining. For example, bite size appetizers, tartlets, pinwheels, puffs, bruschetta or focaccia.
- The Dinner Made EasyTM category encourages home cooks to create easy-to-prepare main dishes that will delight your family. For example, pizzas, calzones, sandwiches, foldovers, casseroles, chilis, soups or savory pies.
- Quick and easy treats for anytime celebrations can be entered into the Sweet Treats category. For example, cookies, pies, tarts, brownies or bars.
The recipes will be judged for 1) taste, 2) appearance, 3) creativity and 4) consumer appeal. All entries must meet the requirements of the recipe category and appropriately use two of the eligible products in at least the quantity specified..."
I’ve recently had the pleasure of reviewing the Pillsbury Bake-Off Gift Pack! Please read on . . .
Packaging & Presentation
In the Pillsbury Bake-Off gift pack, I received an official Pillsbury Bake-Off Apron, a pen to write down my recipes, and the Pillsbury Bake-Off 44th Contest 100 Winning Recipes book!
Ease of Use
Since I received the Gift Pack, I decided I had to put it to good use! I made dinner wearing my cute apron. I took a look through the recipe book, and I am going to make the Strawberry Cake. It looks delicious!
Entries are being accepted online between now and April 18, 2011, at www.bakeoff.com. One hundred lucky finalists will compete for a chance at the grand prize during the contest finals, which take place March 25-27, 2012 at the Peabody Orlando Hotel in Florida. You´ll also find contest details, including eligible products, prizes and the official rules, on the web site.
Contact Pillsbury on:
Now . . . on to the GIVEAWAY!
1 of my lucky readers will win a Pillsbury Prize Pack for FREE!
RULES: To enter this giveaway, you must complete the mandatory entry first, and then you may complete any and/or all-extra entries! Please make your email address visible either in your comment or in your blogger profile!
Giveaway ends April 10, 2011 @ 2359 EST
MANDATORY ENTRY: What is your favorite Pillsbury Bake-Off Recipe?
- What do you think goes into coming up with a winning recipe?
- “Like” Pillsbury on Facebook.
- Follow Pillsbury on Twitter.
- Subscribe to my email newsletter.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- “Like” me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Networked Blogs.
- Follow me via GFC.
- Add my button to your blog!
- Have you ever participated in a baking contest? If so, how did it turn out?
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to me.
DISCLAIMER: I was not compensated for this post, I received a free sample and wrote my review based off of the sample. The opinions stated above are mine, and mine alone! Pillsbury provided me with the free Gift Pack, product information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark.