11 May 2011

The Beginning of my Blog!


     Today, I would like to talk about how I first started my blog!  I got into the blogging world about a year ago, and it has been great to me ever since.  I have had a couple of trials and failures since I arrived with “Living the Thrifty Life!” which was established in October 2010.

     The reason I started blogging is because I always have so much to say, and I always have been a really good writer.  Sharing my opinions and emotions on paper has always been a primary vent for me.

     I chose BlogSpot as my platform to host my blog.  I have always been technical with figuring things out, but I felt a bit overwhelmed with all of this new information.  BlogSpot provided a step-by-step pathway guaranteeing a successful learning journey.  The steps to making a blog on BlogSpot were simple:  Go to the webpage, and follow their lead.  The boxes are self-explanatory and completely guide you through the entire setup process.

     At times, BlogSpot was being difficult.  Some of the particular ways that I wanted to design my blog were not available.  I spent lots of time reading articles and studying in order to learn coding to make sure I can make my blog ‘my own style’.  I never really asked people to help guide me through setting up my new blog.  It was more of a trial and error situation. 

     Since I am quickly approaching my one-year anniversary, I think I am going to switch things up.  I really enjoyed BlogSpot, as it has been very good to me.  It is time to move on, though, and try some new things.  I would eventually love developing my own site completely from scratch.  I would probably try using a pre-selected package from a company that offers dedicated server hosting.  

     Blogging is something that I am really passionate about, and it is a de-stressor for me.  I feel like I can let my true self out!


Disclaimer: I am participating in a blogger campaign in behalf of The Small Business Authority, which provides dedicated server hosting.  I received compensation to facilitate this post. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments: