25 July 2014

..::Product Review::.. Birchbox July 2014



My Review of the July Birchbox

What is it exactly?

From the website . . .
"...Each month, you'll receive a selection of samples that we've tried (and retried) ourselves. We source our samples from both well-known brands and emerging gems. The women’s subscription includes everything from skincare to makeup, as well as fun non-beauty extras. The men’s subscription delivers top-tier grooming products in addition to lifestyle accessories ranging from hip socks to tech accessories."

Review…

I’ve recently had the pleasure of buying and receiving the July Birchbox!  I paid $10.00 for this box, received a $3.00 discount, and it was free to ship.  Please read on . . .

Packaging & Presentation

I was sent a plethora of goodies in this shipment.  This is my first ever Birchbox, so I did not know what to expect.  When I received it, everything was intact, covered by tissue paper.  Nothing was broken, leaking, or crushed.  


Layout of my Birchbox after I opened it

Contents of July's Birchbox

I was pretty excited when I opened the box up to reveal a 5 new products that I have never heard of before.  That is the best, because I love sampling new things from the makeup world.  Here's the rundown of the contents:


  • Supergoop!
    • Lightweight, water-resistant SPF 30+ protection.
  • Vasanti Cosmetics
    • BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
    • Mimics microdermabrasion
  • Harvey Prince
    • Hello Fragrance
    • Mingles cheerful citrus with floral notes
  • theBalm Cosmetics
    • Stainiac in Beauty Queen
    • Stain that gives lips and cheeks a sheer, rosy tint.

  • Cynthia Rowley Beauty
    • Silver Eyeliner
    • Metallic liner that goes on smoothly
  • Women's Health
    • One-year subscription to Women's Health magazine 


 Supergoop! - Sunscreen & Vasanti Cosmetics - Facial Rejuvenator

 Harvey Prince - Hello Fragrance

theBalm Cosmetics - Stainiac & Cynthia Rowley - Eyeliner


Pros

  • Quality products - real beauty brands
  • The Cynthia Rowley eyeliner is bomb, I love it!  The silver color is not something I would usually choose for myself, but it makes my eyes look great!
  • The Vasanti Cosmetics face rejuvenator works great.  I've never had microdermabrasion before, but  it made my face feel clean and smooth.
  • The Harvey Prince Hello fragrance is nice.  Usually I'm not one for a floral fragrance, but this one mixed with the meyer lemon is energetic, bold, and well, happy!  I've been wearing it everyday since I received this box, and I'm happy with the results.
Cons
  • Supergoop!  I'm not sure this is necessarily a 'con', but I *gasp* never wear sunscreen.  I did rub a little on my hand, and it is very nice feeling, but I would never use it on a daily basis.
  • theBalm Cosmetics's Stainiac. I mean, it works okay, but the color is definitely not me.  I'm more of a deeper, nuder color.  Pink just doesn't suit me.  I also have naturally colored cheeks, so I wouldn't use this as a cheek stain, either.  On the good side, it does go on smoothly and is very light feeling.  It lasts a long time, too.  Which in my case was not very good.
  • The Women's Health magazine subscription.  I dislike this magazine. It's boring.  If I ever need to look up something about my health, I look it up online.  No need to pay $26/year for something I wouldn't use.  On a good note though, since this is a free subscription, there is an option to get a refund on the magazine.  If I send the card in with my Birchbox confirmation, they refund the $9.99 that Birchbox paid for the subscription.  Considering this Birchbox in specific cost me $7.00, I am making quite the profit!
Summary

Yes! I love it!  Everything was a great experience, and I surely await future shipments from Birchbox.  The good thing is that even if you only keep a few products, and give a few to a friend, you still get your money's worth.  I'm stoked that I actually took the dive and purchased this subscription.  

Please keep in mind that everyone's Birchbox can be different.  When you sign up, you tailor the products to your needs and tones.

Considering the cons really aren't 'cons', I'd say I'd rate this Birchbox and the entire experience a 9/10.

Are you wanting to get in on the Birchbox experience?  Click this link, and sign up!  If you have the iBotta app on your phone, you also qualify for a $3.00 rebate, making the total only $7.00!

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!



Please visit Birchbox on:

   WEBSITE   


DISCLAIMER:  I was not compensated for this post, nor did I receive anything for free.  I just decided to write this post on my own time and own accord.

No comments: