29 January 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Look-of-the-Day

Hi, everyone! Today, I actually got a chance to get dressed and get out of the house! No, I don't wear makeup everyday. I thought I would go over my look of the day. I was able to use some new products today, which I can tell I am already falling in love with. With that being said, I am going to go through what I used today, but if you want a more in depth detail review of any of the products just leave me a comment below, and I will definitely write one. 


So-- let me start with the eyes. They are my favorite part of doing my makeup. I was so pumped today because I got to use my 'Jaclyn Hill' palette by Morphe. If you don’t know who Jaclyn Hill is, I highly suggest that you check out her YouTube channel by clicking here. She is just an amazing makeup artist. The colors in this palette are so pigmented and gorgeous. The palette is combined with Jaclyn's favorite Morphe colors. If you didn’t catch this palette when it launched in the beginning of January, don’t you worry; they will be releasing more in February!


I used the L’Oreal '12-hour Infallible Super Slim' liquid eyeliner on my top lids. I absolutely LOVE this liquid liner; so far it is my favorite liquid liner that I have used. It almost looks like a pen that I could write with which makes it easier for me to draw my line. I can do a thin line or a thick line with this liquid liner. Oh! Can we talk about how affordable it is? It goes for around $8.00 on Amazon, but you can get this at drugstores like:  CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart. I like to find GREAT drugstore products, but don’t get me wrong, I like the more expensive brands, too (said like a true makeup junkie). On my water line, I used Mac Cosmetics 'Costa Riche'. This eyeliner is so beautiful. The reason I think that it is, is because it is very different from just a plain, brown eyeliner. It has some red tones in it that, to me, just really makes this liner pop. In my opinion, this eyeliner will look good with any eye color. You can get Costa Riche from your local Mac store or their website for $16.00.

LASHES!! Need I say more? I love doing my lashes, and finding a mascara that does everything I want it to do is not easy to come by. I have found that L’Oreal 'Miss Manga' mascara does just that. It seriously extends, separates, and gives my lashes the volume they need. After I am done applying this mascara I feel like I have false lashes on. This is also a GREAT drugstore buy that goes for around $7.00. That sums up the eyes for today’s look. 

So, let’s move on to the face.  I used Make Up For Ever HD in the color 'Soft Sand'. This foundation goes on so smooth, and only with just one pump. It is a great foundation for normal, dry, or oily skin. Let me just say that if you are oily and use this foundation, you may see a little bit more of a dewy finish rather than a matte finish. I know I did. I don’t mind the dewy finish only because I like the glow that it gives my skin.  I am an oil-monster, and this foundation doesn't make me feel oily throughout the day. I bought this foundation from Sephora for $42.00.  Next, I used Mac Cosmetics 'Pro Longwear Concealer' in the shade NC 20. This concealer is thick to me, but in a good way. It makes me feel like it is going to cover my dark circles better-- which it did. I like this concealer and it works great, but if you don’t set it with a powder after putting it on, it may crease in those little lines under your eyes. I purchased my Pro Longwear Concealer online for $20.00.  I did set my concealer with my Ben Nye 'Luxury Banana Powder'. I like the banana powder because I can set my concealer or makeup with it and it doesn’t feel heavy like I have cake-face and it gives it more of a 'matte look'. I purchased my banana powder on Amazon for $13.00.  For a highlight, I used the Mac Cosmetics 'Prep + Prime' in the color Radiant Rose. I used this right above my cheek bones and my T-zone. I really like the way this product gives that pretty dewy look to your cheeks without making it look oily like some liquid highlights do. I purchased my highlight for $26.00. Now to add some color, I used Mac Cosmetics 'Warm Soul' blush. This color is AMAZING. It seriously gave my face life today. It is kind of a peachy, bronze-y color with some shimmer to it. I just love this blush! When I saw it, I felt like it was screaming at me to buy it. I am glad I did, because I have just fallen in love with this blush. I purchased it online for around $27.00. 

On to the lips. I used GERARD Cosmetics '1995' created by Jaclyn Hill. Let me just say that the lips just completed this look for me today. I just love this color; it is perfection. I love mauve and berry colors when I wear lipstick. I watched Jaclyn's YouTube video for her 'Kylie Jenner look', and she introduced this color in the video. When I saw how beautiful this color was, I just had to have it. I purchased this color from Gerard cosmetics for $19.00.

Lastly, I just want to throw in that I never leave the house without putting perfume on (yes, I'm a perfume junkie, too!). Today, I chose to wear Chloe. At first, I didn’t know if I was going to like this perfume because it has such a sweet smell to it; but the longer I wore it the more I liked it. Throughout the day, the sweet smell turned into a clean smell that just reminds me of Spring. I now LOVE this perfume, and will probably be purchasing the big bottle. I have the roll on perfume which I got from Sephora for $25.00.


Xoxo
marah

Disclaimer:  This is my product.  This is not a sponsored review.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: