19 March 2015

..::Book Review::.. Red-Line: The Shift by J. T. Bishop


My Review of Red-Line: The Shift by J. T. Bishop

Back of the Book Description:

“Her fate...
Sarah Randolph believes she's just an ordinary woman, at least until the day she meets Ramsey-a mysterious man who tells her that not only is she not ordinary...she's not even human.

Depends on him...

John Sherlock Ramsey, an Earth-born Eudoran, is a Protector. He's assigned to help Sarah complete her Shift, a period of intense transformation experienced by those of his species. But her Shift is different and risky, because she's a Red-Line, a member of his kind not seen in over sixty years.

Yet she is the key to his survival...

As her abilities are revealed and the secrets of their destiny exposed, they must confront an assailant who shares Sarah's unique origins and whose motives are far more sinister than anything Ramsey has ever encountered.

Will Sarah's unique powers change their fate? Or will she prove to be Ramsey's last assignment on earth and watch as her people succumb to extinction?"

Synopsis (My Personal Version):

From the beginning, I was hooked.  I thought I related with Sarah's character.  Then she experiences cognitive dissonance with the snippets of information she receives from her 'kind'.  There is so much to talk about, but I don't want to giveaway the plot.  The story has many characters that place the setting perfectly.  I felt that Ramsey could have been a bit nicer in his endeavors, but I noticed he was a dynamic character with feelings that changed throughout.  I didn't expect anything to happen the way I did, and it kept my attention page and page again.

My Thoughts:

I was thoroughly impressed with this book.  I've mentioned this before, but I usually read books that are a little creepy, a little twisted, and mostly real-life stuff.  Since this past year, I've actually expanded a lot to include a few fantasies and creature-like books.  When I read the description of this book, I knew that it was going to be something that I'd be interested in.  Sometimes, I like to sit in my bed and escape the normal of my life.  This book provided me hours of that.  I got to experience a new world, one in which I've never been a part of.  The details in this book are amazing, and I felt like I was a part of the story.  The best part?  This is only book I of a three part series.  I can't wait to read the next one!

If you haven’t read anything by J. T. Bishop, please check her out, you will quickly fall in love with her work.

CLICK HERE to purchase this book-- available in Kindle and Paperback.

Please visit J. T. Bishop


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: