28 March 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Love Grey Beauty Shop Review


Hello, everyone! I don’t know about you all, but I personally LOVE foundation, concealer, and powders. I just really like to try new things and see what I like or what I would recommend to someone that prefers a different coverage than what I personally like. With that being said, I was sent a trio set of 'Shake Down Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation', 'Roll with Me Liquid Powder Mineral Concealer', and 'Give ‘em the Brush-off HD Sheer Finishing Veil'. I was also sent a nice foundation application brush, all of these products are from Love Grey Beauty on Etsy.

 

First, I tried the 'Shake Down Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation', in the color Penelope.

 

 If it helps you understand the coloring, I wear the color NW 20 in MAC's Prolong Wear line. The bottle is .8 FL OZ/ 25mL, the label on the bottle does have the ingredients listed, I personally can read a few of them but the print is so small I cannot read all of them. First off I have to say this looks very watery in the bottle, so I did have to shake the product before I used it. After I shook the foundation I saw that it seemed to thicken up in the bottle, but just a little. I put some on my hand before putting it on my face and it was very watery, it started to roll off my hand so I highly suggest using a foundation brush with this product.


 Once I tested it on my hand, I put some foundation in the cap of the bottle, so I could apply it with the brush that I was sent.


 The product goes on very light, the color was perfect for my skin tone (although I would have to go up a shade for summer). I applied it all over my face, and I could tell that it does dry quickly, and it thickens up some once applied to my face. I would recommend this product to younger women or girls that need a light coverage foundation, I think this is perfect for someone that does not need nor want a medium-to-full coverage foundation. I personally like a medium-to-full coverage foundation, but I would wear this in the summer if I just wanted a very light coverage. Also, the foundation brush that I was sent with these products is a nice brush, not what I normally use for foundation, but it works well with this foundation. I felt it really moved the product where it need to be. 

Next, I tried the 'Roll with Me Liquid Powder Mineral Concealer', also in the shade Penelope.


 This is a 2FL Oz/ 7mL bottle, it does have the ingredients listed and I can read them on this bottle. This concealer is really neat. I have never really seen a concealer that is actually a roll on concealer, it shocked me!


 With that being said, it is watery and not thick like your normal concealer would be-- so make sure you shake it well before using.  This concealer for me did not work for covering dark circles *NOTE: I was really tired the day I tried this, so my circles were more distinct than what they normally are.


 On a good note, I really liked this product as an under eye highlight for the days that my circles are not bad. I thought this would be a gorgeous under eye highlight. That was my first thought after putting this on. This product went on easily, and I had no issues with the roller ball other than having to prime it before use. 

Lastly, I tried the 'Give ‘em the Brush-off HD Sheer Finishing Veil', in the shade Penelope


The bottle does have the size, but it is just to small for me to read. The ingredients are also listed and I can read them perfectly. This product has the brush built into the bottle which I love for something quick.


 I really couldn't tell a difference after putting this on my face at first, so I put some on my hand and it is really nice. I love the coloring of this powder, it reminds me of a nice sheer bronzer. I can see some golden hints in this powder. I would definitely use this over my normal foundation for a nice sheer powder that would also give me a nice, golden glow. 

Overall, the foundation was nice-- just not what I personally like, but I would definitely recommend to someone who likes the light coverage foundation. The concealer is very different from what I have used before, and I thought it was very neat. I would recommend this to anyone who does not have an issue with dark circles or bags but if you only get them every once in a while this would be an awesome under eye highlight, at least for me. The finishing veil, is my favorite product of all that was sent. I really love this product, and see myself using it a lot this summer. I would recommend this to anyone. Just remember it does have a golden shine to it. Please check out Love Grey Beauty on Etsy.

xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: