07 March 2015

..::Product Review::.. Cube


My Review of the Cube

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"#Cube™ speaks to the enormous popularity of photo-sharing sites such as Instagram by enabling the socially connected to enlarge their viewing experience of photos and videos, from the smaller confines of a smart device. It is an extremely innovative, attractive, & easy-to-use wireless living photo canvas which showcases your favorite social photo & video streams."

Review…

I was sent a the classic cube from Cube to review.  

The price for Cube is $149.99.  Shipping is free with Amazon Prime.

Packaging & Presentation of the Cube

Like with all electronics, I was relieved that it made its way to my house in perfect condition.  It was packaged very nicely, and there was not any damage during shipment.  The box is made from heavy duty cardboard, and there is a colorful slipcover on it.  The box is fairly large measuring 11.75" x 9.5" x 3.25".

The front of the box labels the product and brand.  It has a large picture of the cube on it.  The back of the box has the product specifications listed, the box's contents, different styles of the Cube, connection ports, and some symbols of what it can do.


Both sides of the slipcover look almost identical to the front.  When the slipcover is removed, the box has a Cube outline on it.



The bottom of the box has the serial number, UPC, and electronic symbols.  The Cube is made in China.  Each side of the box was sealed with a sticky circle seal.



When I lifted the cover, I found a piece of charcoal foam as a protector layer.  When I took that off, I found the cube nested inside a plastic bin, and a little cardboard box holding the components.


The small box holds the charger.  Each piece is wrapped separately.


The instructions and warranty information was seated underneath the cube device itself.


The main piece was covered in a layer of plastic that easily slipped off. The buttons on top were large, and easy to press.



The back of the Cube is adorable.  It looks just like the Instagram symbol.  The connection ports are on the bottom (Micro USB for power, and Audio Out 3.5 mm).





The same label on the box is also on the bottom of the Cube.  It has a bit more information, though!  The front of the Cube has a peel-off plastic cover for protection.



My Personal Experience with the Cube

This is such an awesome idea.  The Cube allows you to stream Instagram feeds in real time in a large picture frame-like setting.  As soon as I saw this, I knew that this would be perfect for my parents.  I don't live near them, so if I make an Instagrame hashtag that is designed specifically for them, they will be able to stream pictures of their grandkids in real time.  How awesome is that!?  This would be a great piece for their kitchen table or mantle.

I wanted to learn everything about this, so I read all of the instructions to make sure that I didn't miss anything.  The quick start guide was extremely easy to understand and follow.




I plugged in the charger, and the Cube was already pre-charged.  That made it easy!  All I had to do was long-press on the circle button to power it up!


The next two steps are:  connect to the internet and log in to Instagram!


The 'grid' button in the middle allows you to do a few things.  First, you can pull up your live stream in real time.  Next, you can pull up a certain hashtag, and the Cube will rotate through those pictures.  You can search for a certain person, or you can rotate through your favorite-d pictures!


Pros of the Cube
  • Way bigger than I thought it would be.
  • Easy to use-- it is a touch screen, and the buttons are large.
  • Bright and vivid colors.
  • Makes a great gift!
  • Easy to handle, but it is weighted enough to stand up correctly.
Cons of the Cube
  • This product poses a bit of a learning curve if you are not familiar with Instagram.
Summary

I was right.  This is the absolute perfect gift for my parents.  In fact, my mom made an Instagram account just to use this Cube.  She's going to take it home with her, and when I decide to upload pictures to our special hashtag, she'll be able to see them.  I can control the feed at my house, and she'll be able to view them on a larger screen at her house, hundreds of miles away!





For further information, please visit Cube on:


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: