04 May 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Revlon 'Colorstay Whipped' Foundation Review

Hi, everyone! In the past, I have posted my favorite foundations alongside my favorite products.  I’ve also got a new favorites post in the works! I know that some of those products are a bit on the pricey side, especially if you don't really care about paying more for cosmetics. With that being said, I have been on a mission to find some really awesome drugstore products for my readers that just don't have the money or just don't want to pay more for cosmetics. 

I have heard so many wonderful things about the Revlon ‘Colorstay Whipped’ foundation. 


I went out and bought it thinking that this was going to be great for those of us that have oily skin. Not many people talk about products for oily skin, which really bugs me since we simply cannot help it. I chose to get the shade ‘240 Natural Beige’. I was so excited to give this foundation a try, as I have heard wonderful things about it. 


One thing that I noticed right off the bat, was that it was in a jar which I don't typically like. I just take a little of the product and scoop it onto my hand. Then I use my foundation brush to apply it to my face. The reason I don't put my brush directly into the jar is because I don't want to spread any bacteria into the foundation. 


I applied it to my face, and it just left it really-- greasy. So I thought maybe if I let it dry a little then apply some setting powder it will be good. NO, NO, and NO. It was awful. I have never been so ready to wash my face at the end of the day. I used this foundation twice, just because I wanted it to work so badly, but it just didn't do what I wanted it to do. I am okay with looking a little dewy, as I normally do since I am oily, but this just made me into a grease monster. I felt like my face was just dirty all day. I honestly wanted this foundation to work so badly, so I could recommend this to all of you. I hate to say that this is just not a foundation that I would recommend unless you have really dry skin.  You may be able to get away with it if you have normal skin, but IF you have oily skin-- I would NOT use this foundation. 


**NOTE** I tested the foundation on my hand before using it on my face, and it looked and felt great. My hands are more on the dry side, as my face is not-- so do not let it fool you. That is why I say if you have dryer skin this may work for you, I cannot say that it will or will not since I do not have dry skin. I can say for my oily skin this did not work.


I even asked my sister-in-law, Melissa, to try this foundation as she has more normal skin. She tested it on her hand, and said NO, which is a big deal for her to say no to makeup (she is obsessed just like me). It just has a very greasy texture to it. 

So my hunt or mission for the best drug store foundation is still on! I will keep you all updated on my disappointments and my wonderful finds from the drugstore. TRUST ME-- once I find a great one, I will let you all know. Any suggestions that you have for me, please let me know! I am open and willing to try any products that you all tell me are GREAT!

xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: