21 August 2014

..::Book Review::.. Terror Comes Knocking by Aaron Paul Lazar


My Review of Terror Comes Knocking by Aaron Paul Lazar

Overview

Have you ever read a book and thought it was so good, and didn't want it to end?

That's how I felt after reading Terror Comes Knocking by Aaron Paul Lazar.  I just wanted the story to keep on going.

Terror Comes Knocking, is a novel in the Sam Moore Mystery series. This book takes you into a whole different world, and you experience an adventure unlike any other.  It's interesting, it's paranormal, and it's one you won't be able to put down. The character development is excellent; everything is so descriptive that you feel like you are a character in the book!

Synopsis 

The story begins with Sam Moore, a retired GP doctor. Alongside his wife, Rachel (who unfortunately has MS), they run into a very an unexpected situation; one that a retired doctor shouldn't need to deal with.  Their daughter, Beth, is missing.  Nobody seems to know where she is, nor does anybody seem to take the Moore's seriously. Sam knows there is something terribly wrong, and does everything he can to find Beth.

Guided by his deceased brother, Billy, who speaks to Sam through a extraordinary green marble,  Sam Moore slowly unravels the twisted story behind his daughter's disappearance.  

Sam's good friend Bruce (the Senator) is a candidate in the nearing presidential election. As Bruce is under a large amount of pressure due to the current president visiting, he is also taking on a bit of stress in helping the Moore's locate their daughter.

As the story unfolds, we are introduced to an interesting group of people, people that may be concealing far more than they are letting on.


My Personal Review

Terror Comes Knocking is absolutely jam packed with action you don't want to miss out on.  At 240 pages, you won't want to reach the endpoint. 

The book was descriptive, intelligent, and interesting.  It takes a very talented author to create a story that meets all of the benchmarks that I look for in a good novel.

As far as the book's layout, I really enjoyed the shorter chapters.  It provided for a pleasurable reading experience, and allowed me to complete a chapter quickly if I had to run an errand or the like.

I really didn't want this book to end, I wanted to know more.  More of how everything played out in the end. 
I'm not going to spoil the story, so you are going to have to read it for yourself!

You NEED to read this.  It's THAT good.

Extra Information

Aaron Lazar's books come in both e-book format and print.  

If not available in your local bookstore, check online, or CLICK HERE.

The price is $3.99 for an e-book, or $15.66 for a paperback.

He also has other books that you can check out, I've read 2 so far, and can't wait to read more!

Terror Comes Knocking - 2013 Global Ebook Awards, Paranormal – Bronze

Please Visit Aaron Lazar on:

DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above for free from Aaron Lazar. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Melissa, I'm delighted that you enjoyed Terror Comes Knocking. That was really a fun book to right. I loved the final scene where Sam Moore rides to the rescue on the beautiful palomino, especially where he jumps over the fence into a crowd of villagers. It was exhilarating to imagine the scene. Thanks so much for your lovely review!