10 November 2014

..::Book Review::.. Becoming Bea by Leslie Gould


My Review of Becoming Bea by Leslie Gould

Overview

Becoming Bea is Book #4 in The Courtships of Lancaster County series.  

"Beatrice Zook knows God wants her to learn patience toward others. When assisting a family overwhelmed by triplets proves surprisingly successful, her confidence in dealing with others, both young and old, grows. 

One person she'll never be able to find peace with though is Ben Rupp. They've known each other forever, and Ben understands precisely how to antagonize her. What neither she nor Ben will admit is that beneath all their bickering, attraction awaits. When friends decide to try and bring the couple together, will the pair be able to find true love? Or will they damage their relationship beyond repair?"

Synopsis

The story begins with Bea, a lovely young Amish woman who doesn't have such a lovely personality.  She's an introvert, sassy, and speaks her mind.

Her older sister has a secret she's been hiding-- the family is moving to Montana.  Of course Bea doesn't want to go, so she finds a job to keep her grounded in Lancaster County.

Another woman in the district recently had triplets, so Bea finds a job assisting with the babies.  

This job has led to Bea finding herself.  She finds confidence, she finds friends, and she finds her place in this world.

Ben, an Amish man that Bea has had mixed feelings about over the years, plays a large part in Bea's path to happiness and in the end-- love.

My Personal Review

I loved, loved, loved this book.  I'll be honest here-- I really enjoy books about Plain Living.  It interests me, and I feel drawn to the story.  

When I finished this book, I felt like I related a lot with Beatrice.  I've always felt like 'the odd one out', but when I found what I was good at (in Bea's case, taking care of the triplets), I found myself.

This book was intriguing and I was able to follow along easily.

There were a few times that I became emotional during reading.  Not sad or anything, but frustrated and angry with a few of the characters.  There are a few parts where it became a little intense.

Extra Information

Leslie Gould's books come in both e-book format and print.  

If not available in your local bookstore, check online, or CLICK HERE.

The price is $9.99 for an e-book, or $12.33 for a paperback.

She also has other books that you can check out.

Please visit Leslie Gould on:

DISCLAIMER:  I received the book mentioned above for free from Bethany House. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: