29 December 2014

Goodbye, 2014!

Hello, everybody!

I just wanted to write a quick post since it's nearing the end of December.  It's time to think about what this past year has brought into fruition and how to build from those experiences.  There...is...so...much... and so many memories.

First, I do want to say that I've had a heck of a week.  I haven't posted anything for the past 3 days because I had no internet.  In fact, we just got it fixed this morning.

This past Friday, some ugly storms came through our area.  That's the thing about Georgia; these storms here are crazy!  People died during this storm.  We decided we needed to leave our house and go somewhere more safe.  We spent the night at my husband's parents house.  

The next morning, we came back home to our house, and it had been struck by lightening.  Our Direct TV doesn't work, no more internet, and half of the electrical stuff in our house is completely shot.  

In order for me to post anything on this blog, I had to drive to Starbucks about 40 minutes away.  It was ridiculous, and incredibly inconvenient. 

I usually have a Friday Favorites video posted for you on Saturday, but we couldn't do that, either.  UGH.

On top of it, my poor husband had the flu, and his temperature hit 105º.  Now, that was scary.  Luckily, the rest of us didn't get it.  We hurried up and got some Tamiflu (that was a sickening expense in itself!).  He ended up feeling better in about 3 days.

Now that everything is back to normal (kind of), I'm back reviewing stuff for you guys.  I have a lot of awesome stuff that you are going to love coming up in January.

Lastly, I have been thinking long and hard about my New Year's Resolution.  I know, I know.  A lot of people don't do the whole 'resolution thing', but I think it's important to set goals.  It doesn't have to be anything big, you know.  For instance, my resolution is that I am going to cook a lot more food at home rather than spending money at restaurants. My plan is to make a weekly menu, shop for that food (and snacks), and that's it. I will definitely keep you guys posted.  Maybe I'll share my menu every Sunday or something?  It'll help keep me on track and perhaps give you some ideas, too.

I'm really looking forward to this coming year, and unraveling all the wonderful mysteries it has yet to serve.  

New adventures, people, opportunities, and changes.  I love it all.

Bring it on, 2015.  I'm ready.


1 comment:

Darlene said...

Sounds like you did have a hectic week! Glad everything turned out okay! I am going to enjoy your New Year's Resolution and have one myself. My resolution is to step outside of my comfort zone. It's very difficult for me, but I believe that is the only way we learn, grow, and achieve things we never thought possible. I too am looking forward to 2015!