31 December 2014

..::Product Review::.. Organic Green Tea Matcha



My Review of Organic Green Tea Matcha

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"Our matcha farm is a 3rd generation family-run farm that has been operating for 100 years (since 1915).  It has been certified organic since 2000, synthetic chemical free since 1994, and reduced chemical usage since 1975.  Matcha has a higher concentration of the antioxidant EGCG- a potent anti-aging catechin of up to 137 times that found in standard, commercially-available green tea.”

Review…

I was sent a 1.0 oz can of Organic Matcha from Kiss Me Organics to review.  

This can costs $28.00, and it ships free with Amazon Prime.

Packaging & Presentation of Organic Green Tea Matcha

As much as I'd like to say differently, this can of Organic Matcha did not arrive in perfect condition.  There is a large dent on the side of the can, but it does not affect the lid being able to open/close.  This can holds 1.0 oz of tea powder, and stands a little over 2.5" tall and 2.25" wide.  The can is a pretty aluminum with a black label featuring green and white accents.  I turned the can kind of sideways so you can see the dent.



The front of the can labels the product, and is certified USDA Organic.  The lid of the can features the brand name and the grade.


 

The right side of the label gives some manufacturer information along with the organic certification information.  The left side of the label gives traditional preparation instructions, ingredients, and says that this tea is best consumed within 2 months of opening.  



When you remove the lid, you will find that there is a secondary lid that is tightly sealed and is opened by using the pop-top method.  You cannot reseal this lid, so the actual lid has a bit of extra sealant to keep the product fresh.



I opened the lid, and what I don't like about it is that it creates somewhat of a sharp edge underneath, and you can get cut if you reach in to grab the packet out.  On the other hand, it kept the product remarkably fresh!



My Personal Experience with Organic Green Tea Matcha

I've always been a fan of green tea.  Hot, cold, mixed in stuff, however.  It's pretty delicious, and the health benefits are amazing:

+ Rich in antioxidants
+ Boosts your metabolism
+ Increases your mental focus
+ Energy powerhouse

...and this is just the beginning.  It's quite noticeable that you begin to feel great in general after drinking green tea.  I've never had a ceremonial grade matcha before, so this is definitely new to me!  It's different than the other green tea powders-- this one is meant to be drank because it is sweeter and smoother.

I began with trying to open the foil pack.  Well, that didn't work out. I suggest getting out your scissors!  It can be a messy outcome if you aren't careful.



I grabbed my ingredients to make a cup of tea.  3.0 fl oz of hot water, 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder, a bowl, and a whisk.



I put the powder in the bowl and added my hot water. I whisked it in a zig-zag motion until it turned frothy.



Finally, pour the tea into a mug so you can easily drink it.  I let it cool down for a while, because it was so hot!  My thoughts?  I don't really like it too much.  I'm not saying that it is bad, because it's not.  It's really strong, and has an earthy taste.  What I don't like is that it is highly concentrated and you make a small amount.  I like a lighter tea that is more in volume.  The color is really pretty though, and I don't see myself drinking this on a daily basis.



Pros of Organic Green Tea Matcha
  • Organic Matcha has a lot of health benefits.
  • The color is amazing.
  • The packaging is very attractive.
  • Made from a family-owned, certified organic Japanese tea farm.
    Cons of Organic Green Tea Matcha
    • My can was dented when I received it.
    • The removal of the interior lid can cause cuts if you aren't careful.
    • I think it is very expensive.
    Summary

    To sum everything up, Organic Matcha is so good for you.  To me, though, this is definitely one of those products that I wouldn't have on a daily basis because it is so, so strong.  The taste was sweet and smooth, but it is very earthy tasting.  It has a beautiful color, and I think if you added this to a recipe, or made it not so concentrated that it would be more of something that I'd enjoy.  The benefits are so amazing, though, that it would be incredibly smart to incorporate this into your diet in some fashion.

    Are you wanting to get your very own Organic Green Tea Matcha?


    For further information, please visit Kiss Me Organics on:


    DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

    No comments: