31 December 2014

..::Product Review::.. Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes



My Review of Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"Nutritional yeast is a delicious salty, creamy, nutty, cheese-tasting superfood can be sprinkled on just about everything! It's naturally very low in sodium and fat and is dairy and gluten free!
Hint: Great on vegetables, tacos, pasta, popcorn, soup, baked potatoes, dips, salads. ”

Review…

I was sent an 8.0 oz bag of 100% Natural, Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast Flakes from Sari Foods to review.  

This bag costs $12.95, and it ships free with Amazon Prime.

Packaging & Presentation of Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes

The bag of Nutritional Yeast arrived in perfect condition.  The package did not break open, and everything was intact.  The bag itself is pretty big, considering you don't use a huge amount of flakes at one time.  The bag weighs 8.0 oz, and is a mustard color yellow.  It is also resealable for easy storage.

The front of the bag labels the product and brand.  It also lists some important qualities of the superfood.  This product is also vegan.




The back of the bag is pretty busy and contains a lot of information.  This is especially good if you are unfamiliar with the properties of this product.  You will find a description of the nutritional yeast, the benefits of using it (there are a lot!), supplement facts, ingredients, manufacturing information, and a brief overview of why you should choose to incorporate nutritional yeast in your diet.


This nutritional yeast is non-GMO, vegan, kosher, halal, gluten-free, dairy-free, low sodium, non-toxic, and has no MSG.  This product pretty much fits into any diet.


The expiration date is printed clearly on the bottom right of the back of the back.  You will also find a lot number.


Like I mentioned before, this bag is resealable.  It was kind of hard to seal back up because the strip runs thin, but it does seal.


I poured a little bit out so you can see the actual flakes.  They are pretty small, but packed with power!


My Personal Experience with Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes

Nutritional yeast sounds like the last product that you would ever consider adding to your food.  But let me tell you, this is not your everyday 'bread yeast'.  This is different.  Like all yeasts, it grows as it feeds off of other bio-life.  In this case, it grows from molasses, and it's 100% naturally occurring.  After it's harvested, it is heated up to kill it, and what you have left is in this bag.  It does not inflate your food like the bread yeast does, since this yeast has been deactivated.  I don't like to really harp on it, but I am a vegetarian, so I must find my protein sources that are plant-based.  Sari Food's Nutritional Yeast packs a 50% protein level with 20% fiber, all 18 amino acids, and 15 minerals, as well as a vitamin B-complex and beta-glucans.  This is absolutely perfect!  The best news?  It tastes great!  Some people say that it tastes like cheese, but I feel that it has more of a salty, creamy taste.  It's really delicious, and complements many foods.

So, what does adding nutritional yeast to your diet do?  First, I want to make sure that you are aware that you don't have to be a vegetarian or vegan to enjoy this.  It's great for everybody!  Here are some benefits:

+ Fights aging as it promotes cellular repair
+ Curbs your appetite and promotes healthy weight loss
+ Boosts your immune system and energy levels
+ Increases memory, clarity, and mental function
+ Improves your sleep, reduces depression, insomnia, and fatigue
+ Balances your hormones
+ Reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and some cancers

Pretty awesome, eh?

I'm going to show you a quick, quick way to implement nutritional yeast into your diet.  I'm going to make grits.  I made these for my husband because they are country bacon, his favorite.  I didn't tell him I added the nutritional yeast.  First, I began with my ingredients:  the nutritional yeast, a bag of country bacon instant grits, and 1/2 cup of water.




Just dump your packet of grits in the bowl and add 1/2 cup of water.  Nuke 'em for about 2 minutes until your desired consistency.


Next, when they are piping hot, give them a quick stir to make sure you don't have any dry lumps.  Then pour some nutritional yeast into a measuring cup.  (I do want to point out my adorable bird measuring cup set.  I have an obsession, I swear).


Lastly, add the nutritional yeast, and eat!


Like I said before, I didn't tell him that I added the nutritional yeast so I can get an honest review from a person that's never had it before.  He looked at me and said, "These are so good!!".  I told him what I added, and he said he loved it. 

Pros of Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes
  • There are so many benefits of nutritional yeast.
  • It tastes good.
  • It complements the flavors of other foods that you add it to.
  • You get a pretty big bag (that is resealable!) for a good price.
  • It's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, and doesn't contain MSG.
    Cons of Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes
    • There are no cons of this product.
    Summary

    Nutritional yeast is one of the best things that you can add to your food.  It brings a bunch of flavor, but it complements a ton of food.  It's not your typical 'health food' in which you have to kind of force yourself to eat, but one that you gobble down because it is that good.  I mean, it is a natural superfood.  What's not to love?

    Are you wanting to get your very own Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes?


    For further information, please visit Sari Foods on:


    DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I constantly emailed this site post page to all my friends, because if prefer to read it then my all friends will too.nutritional supplement manufacturers