09 February 2015

..::Glitz 'n Glamour::.. Cara Bellissima Cosmetics Review


Hi, everyone! Today was 'one of those days' that I just didn’t feel like putting on a full-face of makeup. I had some errands to run this morning, and decided to try Cara Bellissima Cosmetics. I was sent the Face Cleanser, Face Moisturizer, Hand & Body cream, (5) Mineral Powder Foundations, (3) Blushes, and (7) Eye Shadows. All of these products are organic. I was told that she makes all of her products from her kitchen. You all know by now that I LOVE natural products, so this was a great find for me!


I used the 'Dark' mineral powder foundation, 'Sugar and Sweet Pea' blush (they were both pretty and I couldn’t choose!). For my eyes, I used 'Grey', 'Dark Purple', and 'Plum' eye shadow. I was very happy with the way that my face turned out today. I had just the right amount of coverage from the powder foundation, and my eyes stood out to me when I looked in the mirror. 

 

I was really impressed with the coverage of the powder foundation, since I typically like a full coverage foundation. I actually felt like I had the full coverage effect from the powder foundation. I was sent (5) Mineral Powder Foundations. I swatched them from light to dark. The 'Light' was really light (made for very fair skin), 'Light Medium' was the next, and it was a little darker than the 'Light', but not by much. 'Dark Medium', I saw the darker color in this (I thought I would be this shade but it was a little too light for me), 'Dark' (the one I used today), and 'Dark Dark' mineral powder foundations. They gradually got darker, and I was a little surprised that I had to use the 'Dark' mineral powder foundation. Like I said, this was the perfect coverage for me today since I didn’t feel like putting on my full-face of makeup. I definitely see myself using this powder foundation a LOT during the summer. 



The (3) colors of blush that I was sent are so pretty, and very different than what I normally use. I was sent 'Sweet Pea', which is a light pink with some shimmer in it (I LOVE this one), 'Sugar', a light brown with a slight pink undertone (I actually really like this one), and 'Berry Blossom', which is very berry. I like this one, but it is not my usual blush. I would use this more for a going-out look.



Now, for the eye shadow. My favorite. I was sent (7) colors of mineral eye shadow:  'Light Green', 'Dark Green', 'Dark Blue', 'Light Turquoise', 'Grey', 'Dark Purple', 'Plum', and 'Brown'. These eye shadows are definitely pigmented, and I was really surprised with them. I thought it would take a couple times to get the color I wanted, but it didn’t. My favorite eye shadow colors are: 'Dark Purple', 'Plum', 'Grey', and 'Light Turquoise' They are all very pretty, but those are just my favorite that I see myself using again.  I really like these mineral eye shadows, and they blended VERY well, which is very important to me (no one likes harsh lines!).  


Next, I tested the face cleanser. It was a little thick, but it worked REALLY well. I had makeup all over the tops of my hands, and decided to use this. It just took it right off, no problem! I REALLY liked the way this cleanser worked. It reminded me of the Urban Decay 'Wipe it Away' makeup remover. 


The moisturizer was nice, it felt very clean. It didn't make me feel like an oil-monster. Both the cleanser and the moisturizer had a clean smell. It was not strong at all, which was nice. 


The hand and body cream had a slight scent to it, nothing too strong or overwhelming. The cream was VERY moisturizing. I am always looking for a good cream or lotion that is going to moisturize my hands, as they get really dry during the winter. This worked well for me. 


Overall, I really like Cara Bellissima Cosmetics. I was impressed with everything that was sent to me. My favorite out of everything is definitely the mineral powder foundation. I just really liked it, and will be using it again. There was one thing I didn’t like-- (it has nothing to do with the product itself, just the packaging). I think she normally uses jars for her products, but happened to run out. The bags made it difficult to get the right amount of product that I needed.  I highly suggest this cosmetic line, and you can find them on Etsy.
Xoxo
marah


DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: