30 December 2014

..::Product Review::.. Kyoku for Men


My Review of Kyoku for Men (Body Wash & Lotion)

What is it exactly?

     From the website. . .
"Kyoku for Men Wind is a lightweight body moisturizer with a fresh green herbal scent. This stimulating scrub and lotion is formulated with ultra hydrating glycerine combined with a Vitamin-rich blend of cloudberry and holyherb to give a tingling sensation on the skin, resulting in smooth, moisturized skin that's subtly scented.”

Review…

I was sent a an 8.45 fl oz bottle of Body Scrub - Wind and an 8.45 fl oz bottle of Body Lotion - Wind from Kyoku to review.  

The body scrub costs $11.10, and the lotion costs $12.11.  You can also get a kit that includes a body wash, the scrub, and the lotion altogether.  These products ship free with Amazon Prime.

Packaging & Presentation of Kyoku for Men (Body Wash & Lotion)

The Kyoku body scrub and body lotion both arrived in the same package.  They were neatly packed, and there were no leaks nor defects during the shipping process.  These bottles are mid-sized, holding 8.45 fl oz of product.  Each bottle stands 4.75" tall by 2.25" wide at its base.  You cannot see through the bottles, they are dark colored.  The body scrub's bottle is a dark, hunter green, and the body lotion's bottle is black.  Each bottle is square in shape, and has a neat pop top.  These products both come with pump dispensers if you wish to apply them in that way.



Beginning with the body scrub, you can see that the front of the bottle labels the product and brand, and it tells you the main ingredient.  There is nothing on the side of the bottle.  The back of the bottle gives usage information, cautions, and distribution information.  The PAO is 24 months.  Unlike other products I've looked at, the ingredients list is actually located on the bottom of the bottle.  I'm not sure if I like this because if you set it down, it can get wet and you won't be able to read it.





The body lotion is set up the same exact way, except it is in a black bottle, and the ingredients are different, of course!



So, I was exploring these, and I saw that these products didn't have a safety seal.  Or so I thought.  I looked at the green top, and in order for you to open it, you have to break the tabs inside.  I've never had a bottle like this before, and I think it's awesome.  If you look at the picture, you can kind of see the little nubs that you have to break, and you do this just by pushing down on the lower side.


When you press the lower side, the other side pops up, and it's ready for use!  To close it, all you do is press the top side down again.


Both of these bottles are squeezable, so you can use this method.  If you don't want to, you can also insert the pump dispensers that came with the products.  I don't like these as much as the original tops.  I feel you get more control of the product if you self-pour it.


My Personal Experience with Kyoku for Men (Body Wash & Lotion)

I know I'm not a guy.  So why am I reviewing Kyoku products for men?  Funny story.  My husband was sitting outside and randomly stated that he needs to fix his hands somehow because he has so many callouses.  He also pointed out that the lotion that I have is too 'girly'.  How do I solve this?  Kyoku, of course!  It's a very masculine product line.  The body scrub and the body lotion are both from the 'Wind' line, and they smell good.  The body wash is a lot stronger in fragrance than the lotion, but it matches quite well.

I wanted to show you guys the quality here.  Kyoku is a pretty big name in the men's care industry, so I expected a great product.  This definitely impressed me.  The lotion is a soft white, and almost a whipped consistency.  It quickly absorbs into the skin (yes, even those stubborn callouses!).  There is no residue, no feminine scent, and no greasiness.  The body scrub is green in color, and it is a thicker formula with a high viscosity.  It smells great, and it is definitely a fragrance that my husband likes (he's addicted to the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo), and this body scrub kind of has that same exotic smell.



As you can see, the body scrub won't run away on you.  It can be used with a rag, loofah, or your plain 'ol hands.  It has dissipating beads inside, and it gently exfoliates without being harsh on the skin.



Since, you know, it's inappropriate to take a picture of my husband using the body scrub, here are a few pictures of him with the lotion.  He puts it directly on the callous, and he sits there and tries to guess what the fragrance is for the next 10 minutes.  To be honest, I have no idea.  It is an herbal blend, but it smells pretty good and earthy.



Pros of Kyoku for Men (Body Wash & Lotion)
  • Features natural ingredients that have been used traditionally in Japan.
  • Perfect formula for men, rejuvenates skin naturally with masculinity.
  • Excellent for all skin types!
  • Fragrance is very earthy.
  • Even though the bottles are on the smaller side, the product lasts a long time because you only have to use a little bit each time.
  • The caps are way cool.
    Cons of Kyoku for Men (Body Wash & Lotion)
    • I have not found any cons of this body scrub or lotion.
    Summary

    These products from Kyoku did not disappoint.  They are high quality, they do exactly what they are supposed to do, and they are very masculine.  Even though these bottles are not super big, I find they do last a while because only a little bit of the product goes a long way.  This is a great set for that special guy in your life, he'll appreciate it, and you'll appreciate him not stealing your lotion anymore.  :)

    Are you wanting to get your very own Kyoku product?


    For further information, please visit Kyoku on:


    DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review and testing purposes. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced in any way.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

    No comments: