24 February 2015

..::Book Review::.. Dining Out at Home Cookbook I and II by Stephanie Manley

My Review of Dining Out at Home Cookbook I and II by Stephanie Manley

Overview


"YOU LOVE IT AT THE RESTAURANT...NOW MAKE IT AT HOME

Packed with the most popular recipes from CopyKat.com, this book offers over 200 unauthorized restaurant re-creations that have been tested and re-tested by people just like you. Each delicious dish is guaranteed to taste like the restaurant original so you can:

•Save money while enjoying all your favorite restaurant dishes

•Mix and match items from different restaurants to create the perfect meal

•Satisfy kids with their fast food favorites while making a fancier dinner for the adults

•Modify original re-creations to make them healthier while maintaining the delicious taste

•Find the ideal recipe for any occasion with the book's quick reference icons, impress-your-guest dishes, quick-and-easy treats, meat-lover fare and vegetarian options."


There are recipes for all your favorite entreés, appetizers, soups, salads, desserts and more from Americas best restaurants, including:

•Boston Market®
•Chili's®
•Cracker Barrel Old Country Store®
•IHOP®
•Jack in the Box®
•Joe's Crab Shack®
•Mrs. Fields®
•Olive Garden®
•Outback Steakhouse®
•Red Lobster®
•Taco Bell®
•T.G.I. Friday's®
•The Cheesecake Factory® 

My Personal Review

I have wanted to use these cookbooks for such a long time now.  I love going out to restaurants and discovering new foods that I fall in love with.  The only problem is that it is expensive to do so.  With these books, I'm able to find some of the most popular recipes for food items that are found in select restaurants.

There are so many awesome features of this book.  First, I really like the indices.  You can search for specific food items alphabetically or you can search by restaurant.  Some cookbooks are so outdated, but these are great.  The second edition has updated recipes, and new recipes from different restaurants.

For this review, I decided to use the Cinnabon recipe from the first edition.  



These were a lot of work, but the results were wonderful.  First, I had to grab all of my ingredients for the dough.  My mom kneaded the dough while I got the middle filling prepared.  The dough had to rise for 1.5 hours.



While the dough was rising, I made the filling mixture.  This was really easy.


Next, I put the rolls into the pan after I filled, rolled, and sealed them.  I had to let them rise for another 45 minutes.


While these were rising, I made the icing.


 They made my house smell so good. They came out perfectly.




Next, I spread a thick layer of icing over the top while they were still hot.  It melted very nicely.


When I served them, the icing just dripped from them.  It was so good!


Extra Information

Please check out this book on:

DISCLAIMER:  I received the product mentioned above complimentary for review purpose.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  All opinions stated above are solely mine, and have not been influenced at all.  I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to get a copy of this book!